Sunday, August 29, 2010

Introduction

My name is Jena.  I am currently teaching fourth grade and ESL at my school.  I teach in a school with about 580 students in a rural area in Flintville, TN.  I am also earning a certification in ESL.

Six years ago I adopted a child from overseas.  She did not speak any English, and no one could communicate with her.  She was very frustrated and overwhelmed by the new language.  She learned English quickly. She is now very fluent in English, and helps me work with my ESL students during after school tutoring.  Because of this experience, we share a heart for children who are learning a new language.

My goal is to earn my ESL certification and move to a bigger city with more ESL population.  I would also like to work with ESL adults at a community college.

No comments:

Post a Comment